Closing date for applications: 30 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER SPECIFICATION
ONE YEAR CONTRACT
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Work with SMMEs to screen and assess their business ventures and/or ideas and recommend appropriate interventions for growth
• Work with SMMEs to identify and evaluate new markets and potential linkage opportunities
• Conduct business diagnostics and prepare client growth plans
• Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business start-up opportunities for township entrepreneurs
• Encourage and promote a supportive BDS and incubation ecosystem for development and growth of township entrepreneurs by leveraging SMME partnerships
• Promote a culture of innovative thinking for stimulation of township ICT and Digital Tech new startup ventures through BDS and SMME outreach programs
• Ability to identify and assess viable township ICT and Digital Tech township ventures for incubation onboarding
• Encourage SMMEs to incorporate innovative methods to their enterprises through the identification of digitization solutions.
• Determine the thrust/ drive of the proposed or existing business idea/innovation for the transformation of ideas into viable new startup ventures
• Work with SMMEs to develop and implement a strategic sales plan
• Assist in achieving sales target of the SMMEs through linkages to market opportunities
• Plan, implement, and deliver the enterprise development projects, programs, products, and services aimed at SMMEs
• Provide coaching and mentoring support to SMMEs
• Coordinate training and capacity development for SMME's
• Facilitate training workshop for SMME's
• Facilitate client referrals to network institutions with the Business Development Services support sector.
• Maintain an excellent stakeholder relationship with existing and potential stakeholders
• Promote relations with relevant stakeholders to expand the local SMME support ecosystem
• Liaise with different sector stakeholders and broader business community to identify business linkages and business development opportunities
• Provide management, stakeholders, and SMME's with information
• Collect data and audit business key performance areas and indicators of all onboarded clients
• Assist in Incubation and Accelerator client recruitment and onboarding
• Compile clients reports
• Maintain client information management system – E.g., Growth Wheel
• Investigate and research innovative approaches and methodologies for enhancing business development interventions and support products and services.
• An appropriate three Degree/National Diploma or equivalent qualification in Enterprise Development or Business Management or New Venture Creation or Business Administration.
• At least five years' work experience in Business incubation, Enterprise Development, New Venture Creation, Project Management, Innovation, and technology-driven industry, and Stakeholder management.
• A valid driver's license.
• Must possess the following critical competencies: Planning and Organizing, Computer Literacy, Marketing and Communication, Interpersonal Relationship, Problem-solving, Analytical thinking, Conflict resolution, Project management, Research/analysis, Facilitation, Risk Management, Report writing, Presentation skills, Strategic thinking, Leadership, and Financial Management.
• Must understand township economies and local knowledge of the area.
• Knowledge of Growth Wheel would be an advantage.
• Background and knowledge of the ICT and Digital Technology sector would be an added advantage.
• Package commensurate with experience.
Applications should include a recent updated CV, as well as certified copies of all qualifications including academic record, ID document, and driver's license. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
No faxed applications will be considered. The Propella Business Incubator reserves the right to withdraw the post at any time. Communication will only be entered into with short-listed and successful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 21 days after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The employer is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Propella. NB: Foreign applicants should attach the following documents: SAQA evaluation certificate, SACE, and quota work permit. The Employer reserves the right not to make an appointment. Where applicable. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. All short-listed candidates will be subjected to qualification and criminal record verification.
Kindly forward all applications to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021